Thursday, August 18, 2016

God's Word (a Bible Study)

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord's great love we are not ashamed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning ; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ''The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him"" (Lamentations 3:19-24)

"It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord" (Lamentations 3:26)

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord" (Lamentations 3:40)

"You came near when I called you, and you said, 'do not fear'" (Lamentations 3:57)

"I know that You can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted." (Job 42:2)

"These were His instructions: 'Take nothing for the journey except a staff 0 no bread, no bag, no money in your belts. Wear sandals but not an extra shirt." (Mark 6:8-9)

                                            *************************

         When you are waiting for your heart's desires, trust in the Lord. The prophet who wrote Lamentation knows that God is faithful and compassionate. Wait quietly. Meditate on peace - quiet, tranquil peace. I'm not saying don't listen to music - listen to music and look for God's messages. Sometimes, you'll feel like sitting in the silence, waiting for realizations to come.
           Friendship is important. Everyone needs friends: christian fellowship. Remember this important truth: God wants to be your friend. He is your Father, brother, and your best friend. He knows what's on your heart - don't try to hide from Him (that can't make you immortal - you are immortal no matter what, but hell is real). He knows your heart. He knows your troubles and pains and frustrations and burdens, and He will take them from you and save you. He will bear your burdens on His shoulder, and walk with you. God's purposes of giving you hope and a future will never fail - no one can force God to be evil. He is all knowing and perfectly good, uninfectable. Fear Him with wonder and awe, and love Him. God is Love, so He will never be evil.

Love,
Rebecca xoxoxo <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment