Thursday, September 1, 2016

Bible Study 9.1.2016

                ""When I heard these things, I sat down and wept" (Nehemiah 1:4) When people become evil and refuse to listen to God and refuse to accept His sacrifice, it makes us sad. Tears come. Nehemiah writes, "Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of your servant,who delight in revering Your Name. Give Your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man" (Nehemiah 1:11). God gives His adopted children good gifts. In John, the prophet writes, "Give glory to God by telling the truth" (John 9:24b). In Chronicles, the prophet proclaims, "He is good. His Love endures forever." (2 Chronicles 7:3b) God is Good. His Goodness is everlasting and pure.
            Later in 2 Chronicles, the prophet writes, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will forgive their sins and heal their land. Now My ears will be open and My Ears will be attentive to the prayers offered in this place" (2 Chronicles 7:14-15). God wants prayers offered - He doesn't want His people to offer and kill animals or people. In 2 Chronicles, it says, "My Eyes and My Heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:16b) In Malachi, God writes, "But for you who revere My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays" (Malachi 4:20). When we revere God - hold Him in high esteem -He will give us true love (agape), and we will love ourselves more.
          God is the source of our uniqueness. Think about it: What's the point of doing it different? God wants us to live a life different from that of nonbelievers. He wants us to pray and meditate and believe every day. Studying the Holy Bible is Worship. Worship every day, not just on Sunday morning. Sunday is a day of rest, so devote that whole day to Worship. John says, "Why are you angry with me for healing a man's whole body on the Sabbath? Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly" (John 7:23-24). Only God can judge correctly. God told me, "Do not judge." When we judge, we are judge the same way. God is a fair, loving God. He wants you to be happy, filled with His Spirit of Joy. He doesn't want us to feel like the things we do are empty and meaningless.
     So, read the Holy Bible every day. Study it. Ask God what it means. Let it fill you with God's Loving Joy,

Love,
Rebecca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment