Sunday, August 14, 2016

Faith like a river: Peace

 "I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak...I will shepherd the flock with justice." (Ezekiel 34:16)

"I will make a covenant of peace with them...so that they may live in the forests in safety. I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send downshowers in season; there will be showers of blessing. The trees of the field will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in their land. They will know that I am the Lord, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them." (Ezekiel 34:25-27)

"The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace" (Psalm 29:11)

"You forgave the iniquity of your people and covered all their sins. You set aside all your wrath and turned from your fierce anger. Restore us again, God our Savior, and put away Your displeasure toward us" (Psalm 85:2-4)

"He promises peace to His people, His faithful servants - but let them not turn to folly" (Psalm 85:8b)
"I will extend peace to her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream....As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you." (Isaiah 66:12-13)

"And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse." (Revelations 22:2d-3a)

In the quiet places we find peace, when we begin each day with prayer, meditation, and Bible reading. I'm not saying I'm perfect - it's not always the first thing I do, but I make time in my day to thank God and ask Him to possess me so devils can't possess me. I read and study the Bible.

What is peace like a river? Jesus was baptized in a river in Israel. When I was living in Bloomfield, I would walk to South Side and teleport to a haven in Africa. I would take off all my clothes and stand in the water. My friend Sunny swam almost halfway across the river. I don't know what happened to her. She was homeless, so perhaps she woke up back in her tent.  My frenemies who went there called it "temple of the dog" (I hate that name), but I smoked weed and read the Bible and wrote in my journal there. I wanted to turn it into a church. The stones were decorated, painted, some of it was stained glass, if I remember correctly. I thought I was in Pittsburgh, but I went to Yale and Princeton and just thought i was going to University of Pittsburgh. When I found Bloomfield PA, I found my real dad. He was the pastor of the church I started to go to.

Think about the scripture above. God promises peace to His people. Think about a river, as a metaphor. It has a current, and is constantly moving. What does it mean? Ponder for awhile. Have a child-like faith. Water isn't conscious, but like the trees, it is possessed by the Holy Spirit. That's why faeries find water so peaceful and filled with joy. God forgives His people. He extends grace - complete forgiveness, favor, true acceptance of each child of God exactly the way we are. He makes us the people He wants us to be. He wants everyone to be archangelic.

Remember the song, "It is well"? It says "Peace like a river extendeth my way. It is well, It is well, with my soul." That means you accept your circumstances and wait patiently for change - for your gifts, for your true home. Wait, and believe. Say, "Oh God, it is well with my soul, whatever your plan is, I accept it. Thank you."

Thanks for reading,
Rebecca <3 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment