Tuesday, November 6, 2018

art therapy and Christianity and my journey

I found a quote that really speaks to me:

“If I stay long enough in the studio, just stay with the work even if it doesn’t feel great or seem satisfying or directional or conclusive, if I just stay to tend and garden, then my mind gradually yields control to the more automatic labor of painting, and with that comes a sweet spot in the process further down, a worn groove, a sense of ease.”
– Anna Schuleit

I am in the process of becoming an art therapist, or more specifically, going deeper into my journey to bring happiness and love to people through giving space to create art, including poetry, paintings, collages. To eventually see the Jesus in the process revealing Himself to my clients.

I call myself neorodivergent. I have lately been becoming aware that I have always been autistic and that it was missed in my childhood. I almost feel like I missed out on the childhood I was supposed to have. Anyways, I can live now the way I am supposed to. I love to train gymnastics and lift heavy weights. Since my church choir tour when I was sixteen, I have decided that I want to be a super-hero, specifically, batman (though I am female).

I will be back to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment